20120318

Happy St Patrick's Day

17 March 2012

Happy St Patrick's Day! The kids woke up this morning to their traps all tripped and little gold nuggets (butterscotch chip candies) spread all about their traps. Also there were little green footprints everywhere and the leprechaun left us a note that read: "A valiant effort! Thee did well! But no box can keep me under its spell! -Mr. Shamrock" The kids were thrilled.

I made eggs for breakfast and while I wasn't looking the sneaky leprechaun magically turned the eggs green! When I poured the milk from the gallon it was white as can be but when I set the cups down on the table the milk had all turned green too!



After breakfast I began making the rainbow jello oranges. I cut the cuties I bought yesterday in half and scooped out the middles with a spoon. I had twenty-three cuties and so I ended up with forty-six halves. I placed them in muffin tins with a little sand at the bottom to keep the rinds from rolling over. I made the jello one color at a time and filled up 7 cutie halves with each color. For the remainder of the jello I found various containers to place it in to set up in the fridge.

While the jello was setting up we cleaned up the house and played for a bit. At three o'clock the jello was set and we took it over to our friends house to play. I cut the cutie halves into quarters and they were so convenient for the kids. They didn't need any utensils or plates to eat them, just quite a few napkins afterwards for the littler kids. We had a capital time.



We stayed pretty late as I helped my friend redesign her company website and we just had a blast visiting like always. Again it was too late to read any stories when we were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your insights by which we all may benefit.