20120308

Fortune Telling Fun

7 March 2012

I couldn't sleep and so I got up at 2:30 this morning and worked on the blog. I reformatted it and added a new blog. You can get to it from the Ah-Ha tab. It is for my personal Ah-Ha moments in my self education and researching home school and parenting. 

My mother, Grandma Debbie came over to do Singing Time today. We reviewed the songs we already learned, The Wise Man and the Foolish Man and Nephi's Courage. We talked about the different kinds of boats and the difference between rowing and paddling. Then we learned the song, Row Your Boat. We even practiced singing it in rounds. It wasn't terribly successful, but we were getting better! Next time I think will go very well.



We were supposed to work in the yard today, but since it snowed all evening it was far too cold, and snow covered to be outside. So we spent our day inside. We cleaned a little bit and played mostly. I made some oragami fortune tellers and wrote some fun activities on the insides. The activities I used were fun and simple. Make a play using a picture book for the script, complete with costumes; Count to 99 by 3's; Draw a picture of the scariest thing you can think of; Pretend you are a pirate searching for a hidden treasure; Make up a dance to a song; Play in a secret hideout; Recite the colors of the rainbow in English and German, and one more I can't remember right now.



The kids made some of their own fortune tellers as well and spent the rest of the day walking around asking people to "pick-a-number" and telling them their fortunes. After several hours of dancing and playing pirates and whatnot I had to take a nap.

At dinner we had some more deliciously nutritious food I made from Rill's Menu (which I now have a tab for at the top of the page). The hubby put on some YouTube clips of Proximity Flying because Ra has been telling me that she wishes she could fly. It looks amazing, though extremely dangerous. Something I may have to put on my bucket list. Just watching it gives me a rush!





For Story time I read Ten Apples Up On Top by Dr Seuss and Ra read some of Mickey and Minnie Look At Paintings. It is so fun to see Ra want to read! I can't tell you how happy that makes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your insights by which we all may benefit.