20120201

Weekend Rearrangement

28 & 29 January 2012

The weekend was fun. I spent a lot of time with the kids and hubby. We kept the house clean and rearranged our basement so that we could bring in our giant bookshelf from the shed. We finally took down our Christmas tree (we're lazy, I know) and moved our television back upstairs. The computers were rearranged on the wall opposite the bookshelf. Our book collection may be pitifully small right now but it wont stay that way for long. I found a great used bookstore called The ReAd Cat and I bought seven books while I was there. I would have bought a good deal more, but even at $3 a piece I have to keep an eye on my budget.

I have been reading a good deal and am just about 3/4 through my book. I should be able to finish it by Tuesday or Wednesday. I also read some more Charlotte Mason this weekend and I feel utterly reprimanded for my lack of structure in the dealings of my household. My husband has pestered me about keeping the house cleaner for as long as we have had kids, but I have always thought his request unreasonable. Charlotte makes it quite clear that my children will learn my bad habits (which of course I have always known) and will carry them with them throughout their lives. This thought in pertaining to housework and such has never interlocked until reading last night. I fear I have done a wretched job as a mother in regards to housework and responsibilities. This is what I will work on with the kids while I complete my 2 month self education primer with TJ Ed. I will work on being a better mother while I prepare myself to be their scholastic teacher as well.

I just need to follow Cinderella's lead and do my work cheerfully and not grudgingly. It will be easier that way, I am sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your insights by which we all may benefit.