20120205

Weekend Nothings

4 & 5 February 2012

On Saturday we spent the day cleaning and running errands then spent our evening at Elisa's house. Today at church our lessons were on Gratitude and Charity. We wrote a list of 100 things for which we were grateful. The lesson on charity began with a discussing the parable of the Good Samaritan. This is a topic I have frequently discussed with my father, who is my mentor in the Gospel. Charity is the "pure love of Christ", it is giving to others and expecting nothing in return. When we can do this, then we know the love Christ has for us. I do things for my children that I do not expect to gain anything from. My joy is in their growing, their knowledge, the fruition of their lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your insights by which we all may benefit.